Wednesday 30 June 2010

Time of the signs





When I scoot off to London after Graduation, Ill be exhibiting my personal pathway on my board, which was a self wrote brief which fed directly from my dissertation.

This self directed study looks at extending the findings from my dissertation. My dissertation looked at brand ethics, and in particular the way brands present their products as something else, by using effective advertising and packaging. “Time of the signs” is a visual language that acts as a graphic solution to the economic and obesity crisis. Social class is determined not only the products you buy, but the lifestyles choices people make. For example, methods of transport, leisure and social activities. This graphic solution is extending my findings from my dissertation and includes lifestyle choices, as well as products, in a new visual language. My solution abolishes the use of brand ethics in packaging and advertising. Replacing brand image with symbols and simple typography tells the consumer exactly what they are getting. This no-nonsense approach to advertising a brands product is split into the five social classes, each social class has a colour code.

Looking forward to seeing how it looks when we exhibit at New Designers next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment